The Paragon, Bath BA1 5LY
St Swithin’s is the only remaining 18th century parish church in the city. It was built by the architect of Lansdown Crescent, John Palmer, and consecrated in 1777. Within ten years the church became too small, and Palmer extended it eastwards by two bays. A classical spire, added in 1790 to the existing tower, completed his design. The exterior of the church was cleaned and repaired in the 1990s, followed by a major restoration of the interior in 2008/9.
South Parade, Bath BA2 4AF
The church was completed and consecrated in October 1863. The tower and spire were added four years later. The architect Charles Hansom, designer of some fifty Catholic churches in the country (and brother of Joseph Aloysius Hansom, the designer of the Hansom Cab) regarded St John’s as his best work. The church is built in the decorated Gothic style with Bath stone used throughout the entire building.
Wiltshire Music Centre
Ashley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire BA5 1DZ
The Wiltshire Music Centre opened in 1998, built with funding from one of the first National Lottery grants. Its purpose-built, 300-seat hall, which has unrestricted views from all seats, has a fine acoustic which attracts a great many international performers, as well as variety of more local orchestras, choirs and other music groups. Paragon Singers traditionally perform a Christmas concert here a to a sell-out audience – mostly with Bradford Baroque Band. http://www.bradfordbaroqueband.co.uk/